Problematic gambling can destroy your relationships; interfere with responsibilities at home and work, even lead to financial catastrophe. What is the problem with gambling addiction? Gambling addiction is defined as compulsive gambling (a type of impulse control disorder). Compulsive gamblers cannot control their desire to gamble, it is all they can think of and all they want to do. Specialists say that gambling addiction can change a personality beyond recognition.
Some people think that a person who gambles every day is a problem gambler. In fact, it doesn’t matter at all, he can gamble often or rarely. Gambling is a problem, if it causes problems. Gambling addiction is also a problem, even if you can afford it, because this problem is not only financial. You can destroy your relationship or friendships by playing.
The main symptoms of gambling addiction:
– Feel the need to keep your game secret. You can sweep under the rug long before yourself. You may fool yourself into thinking that you are gambling in secret or lie because it is incomprehensible to your family members. You can also flatter yourself, you will surprise them with a great victory.
– You have difficulty controlling your game. Can you walk away or interrupt your game if you have already started it? Can you stop before spending your last dollar?
– Are you ready to spend your money on gambling (even that, has it been saved to pay bills, credit cards or things for your children)?
– Family and friends are eager for you.
People with gambling addiction generally think that there is no problem and that they can give up at any time. They suggest that the real problem is not gambling, but the restriction of money. They prefer to learn to manage their game without stopping and, in many cases, they cannot imagine their life without gambling.
Gambling addiction therapy focuses on changing UFABET unhealthy gambling behaviors and thoughts, such as rationalizations and wrong beliefs. But first you need to understand the importance of treatment and the need to get rid of the problem.
If you’d better try to fix your problem yourself, here are some tips:
– Do something else;
– Focus on another activity (shopping, swimming, preparing something delicious, playing paintball at last);
– Dare to wait five minutes, ten minutes or an hour if you want to bet, your desire will weaken;
– Imagine first your future experience, how you will feel after having lost all your money;
– Find a support force (close friend or partner).